Friday, May 14, 2010

[ Jail Bait ]*

Today's sequence of events:

9:50 am :: Phone rings. It is my parole officer. "The authorities are on their way."

"I'm not going in without a fight", I tell her.

And I mean it.

10:01 am :: A police car wheels in.  I bow up.  I am ready to kick, scream and cause a scene worthy of an episode of Cops.

10:02 am :: A mountain of a man steps out of the front seat and walks up to me.


10:03 am :: Towering over me, he firmly says, "They warned us about you.  That is why they sent me to haul you in."

10:04 am :: I realize what a wuss I really am.






[  In case you missed what this was all about, read this entry.  ]

Thank you to our generous friends, family & co-workers who paid my bail and bought my freedom.  Because of YOU, I was able to raise over $900 (in about 2.5 hours) for Loganville Community Ministry Village!


And can I just tell you that the most disturbing part of the day was NOT the pick-up, cuffs, miranda rights or the giant officer who whipped me into submission?

Nope, it was most DISTURBING to call people and say, "I'm in jail; I need help paying my bail" and have them say, "Steph, I always knew this was coming."

Come on, people.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails