Sunday, March 13, 2011

[ Mama got her hair did ]*

I became good friends with Joseph's younger sister, Theresa, almost immediately.  She is 26 and has been such a blessing to me already on this trip.  We room together and she does not let me know out of her sight.  Yesterday she said she needed to go get her hair put into a ponytail at a salon.  (If anyone is as ignorant as me, it is a 2 hour ordeal with relaxer, etc.)  Of course, I followed her along as we searched the city for a place that could do it.

{ Now would be a good time to go ahead to apologize to my father-in-law for what happened next. }

In the salon, I MAY have told the owner that I was looking for the "full African experience."

Keep in mind, she only speaks a tiny bit of English.

There was a flurry (or is it fury?!) of Twi words that I did not comprehend peppered by a few English words that I did.

Words like "dred-locks", "weave" and "wig".

Like everything else on this trip, I'll share the full story later {when we are not paying for internet by the minute }, but I figured I should go ahead and get this out of the way before you mistake me for Coolio in the next blog entries.

7 comments:

Laura Burton said...

Love it!!! (however, I have experienced baldness in my life, so I am partial to hair of any kind LOL)

Praying on...

Laura

Jess said...

That just made my week! Hugs and prayers to you! Preach it girlie!

Jess said...

This is Becca btw and not Jess.

Cali and Steve VanHorn said...

I am speechless this time....

Unknown said...

I'm laughing so hard that I cannot breathe!

Unknown said...

I'm laughing so hard I can hardly breathe! LOVE IT!!

Steve D said...

Lets see David should give that do a try!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails