Monday, February 21, 2011

[ Dear Dave, 2.20.2011 ]*

Dear Dave,

Right now you are probably in Paris waiting for your next flight to Mumbai, listening to people talk about their le bicycles, le mustaches, and le baguettes.  Wee? Hopefully, you have not discussed le government or le French wussies with any fellow travelers.  I’d hate to be watching le television tonight and see YOU leading some sort of national uprising.

There are a few things that I need to catch you up on since you left:

1. I cleaned out your disaster of a truck yesterday.  Two giant black trash bags full of junk!! What?? Next time you take me on a date, I will not have to burrow into a seat like a rodent. (Fist pump!)

While cleaning, I found another shiv hidden under the back seat.  Really, what is with all the medieval weaponry you have hidden? Every time I move something, I find a knife.  Hidden beside picture frames, beneath the bed skirt, under your truck seat, under my pillow. . .  Really, does anyone other than William Wallace need that many shivs?? Give peace a chance.  (Take notes from the French wussies.)  What, exactly, are you preparing for?

2. It’s harder to fall asleep without you next to me.  You’ve told me that every time I have been gone, but I totally get it now.  Even with my nightly Tylenol PM and Fish Oil cocktail, I tossed and turned most of the night.  It gave me lots of time to pray for you though, so I am thankful for that. I realized also how thankful I am that you keep my feet warm every night. In case I have never told you, thank you for that.

3. I guess because we spend 24 hours a day together 6 ½ days a week, I never realized how much I enjoy having you as my partner in crime until you are gone.  You are missed like crazy.  I have been making the Matt Meade sad face ever since you left for the airport.

I am making it as I type right now.

4. Thank you for the note that you hid in my chair.  It was such a special surprise when I got to work this morning.  I actually held it to my chest after I read it.  Then I realized what I was doing, looked around to make sure no one saw me and then laughed at my own cheesiness.  You are so sweet to me.

I’ll try to keep you updated on what is going on in normal life, while you are gone.
Until the next update, Au revoir

I love you,

Le wifey


P.S. Have I mentioned lately how proud I am of you for going on this mission trip?  Really, really proud.
P.S.S. Hee hee hee haw haw haw

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails