Thursday, March 31, 2011

[ Letter from Brazil ]*

When I was pulling the photos for the last post, I came across this letter from one of the Brazilian campers:


I've always cherished letters from people that I've met in other countries.  And I especially love this one because Rafael mentioned Wagner.  Every time I read the line that says that Wagner just doesn't understand why we had to leave, it just pierces my heart.  I want to be able to tell him that I don't understand either.  And I want him to know that for 11 years I have been praying for a family to love him (and for him to love).

********
And on a much less important note:

Did you read the "American things" that I taught him??

First of all,"You Go, Girl" ?!

That reveals my stellar level of coolness.

But as you can read, it got worse (or better, depending on your perspective.)

Apparently I TAUGHT THEM THE WORDS TO STEP-BY-STEP by NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK.

I don't remember this at all, but I am assuming they asked me to teach them some American music and that is what I delivered?

Real nice.

So, at 9-years-old, 18-years-old and 26-years-old, one common thread running through my life was my love for Joey McIntyre.

That's some good stuff right there.

Scratch that.

That's the Right Stuff, Baby.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails